New Hair Policy in 2018
Date: November 22, 2017
After a great deal of thought and consultation this year, the Leadership Team have made some significant changes to the hair policy for Primary and Secondary students, effective from 2018. We have taken into consideration feedback which has been received over an extended period of time from parents and students. The Parents and Friends Association was consulted regarding the new proposals, for which they have given their resounding support. The most significant change is that boys will no longer be required to maintain a “short, back and sides” hairstyle; all students will be required to wear their hair fully and neatly tied back if it is longer than the top of the collar line, and it is to be kept out of the eyes and off the face.
Please see below for the full wording of the new policy. We look forward to a new era in the Suncoast hair policy which maintains a high standard of personal presentation and uniform.
Hair Policy from 2018
- Hair is to be worn neatly brushed and clean;
- Extreme hairstyles and attention seeking presentation is not permitted;
- Hairstyles and colour should be appropriate for school wear;
- Student hair that is longer than the top of the collar line is to be fully and neatly tied back; hair is to be kept out of the eyes and off the face;
- Basic thin hair ties may be of any dark colour or a colour that matches the student’s hair colour;
- Girls’ accessories such as scrunchies, ribbons, clips and head bands should be in the College colours of red, white and navy;
- Boys should be clean shaven and side burns past the lobe of the ear are unacceptable. Short cuts are to be no shorter than a number 1 (#1) blade.