Suncoast Christian College currently has many school-based trainees and apprentices in the workforce in vocational areas in a diverse range of industries and disciplines.
Sunshine Coast Apprenticeships
What is a School-Based Traineeship or Apprenticeship?
Students spend four days at school, one day at work, and time at training. The flexible school program allows students to effectively combine a School-Based Traineeship or Apprenticeship while studying for their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and may contribute to an ATAR.
- School-Based Traineeships and Apprenticeships are integrated into the Senior timetable as one of the six Senior subjects so students may remain ATAR eligible.
- Best of both worlds for practically-minded students wanting a head start into Sunshine Coast apprenticeships.
What Industries Are Available?
The options for students completing a School-Based Apprenticeship include:
- Sport and Recreation
- Information Technology
- Screen and Media
- Individual Support
- Early Childhood Education
- Business Administration
- Trade Industry Apprenticeships: Construction, Plumbing, Electrician etc
Please note that if a course is not listed below that a student may be interested in, they can contact the VET Coordinator for further information.
Why Complete A School-Based Traineeship Or Apprenticeship?
- a head start into a career
- nationally recognised qualification
- opportunity to earn and learn
- get ahead of the competition when applying for jobs
- a head start into a full-time or part-time apprenticeship
- gain valuable work and industry experience before leaving school
- may lead to full-time work after leaving school
How Do Students Apply?
Please contact our VET Coordinator, Mrs Leanne Abrahams, via email.