The Parents & Friends Association is a group of volunteer College parents, friends and staff who work towards making our College a wonderful community for everyone through fundraising and community events.
The purpose of Suncoast Christian College Parents & Friends (P&F)
- strive to develop a real community of parents, teachers, and students which reflects a truly Christian ethos;
- provide a healthy forum for ideas and discussion on any relevant issue that will benefit the education of the students;
- work to provide additional resources considered necessary for the students or to assist the College staff in professional work; and
- assist with the planning and organisation of functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural and educational life of the College community.
About Parent Reps
Class Parent Representatives operate under the College’s Valued Volunteers Program and together form a sub-committee of the College’s Parents and Friends Association.
The class Parent Representative aims to enhance the sense of community within the College by working together to keep parents informed, and to encourage their involvement in their child’s class activities and the wider College community.
P&F supports our Class Parent Representatives to enhance the College’s sense of community by:
- Working together to help keep parents informed of classroom activities
- Encourage parents to be involved in their child’s classroom activities
- Encourage parents to be involved in the wider College community
To better understand the role of Parent Rep, the responsibilities can be seen as falling within four broad categories:
1. SUPPORTING THE TEACHER as required
2. BUILDING COMMUNITY amongst families
3. SUPPORTING COLLEGE events
4. SUPPORTING PARENTS & FRIENDS ASSOCIATION initiatives
The support that the Parent Reps provide to each classroom is vital in building a healthy College community as they become an essential link between College and home.
For more information about our Parents & Friends Association please call Main Admin Reception on 5451 3600.
P&F Meeting Dates 2022
All parents and friends of the College are welcome to attend meetings. Our P&F meetings are held in the Taylor Centre from 2:15pm to 3:00pm.
2022 Meetings are scheduled for the following dates:
- Monday 7 February
- Monday 7 March – AGM – Postponed
- Monday 28 March
- Monday 9 May
- Monday 6 June
- Monday 25 July
- Monday 15 August
- Monday 5 September
- Monday 10 October
- Monday 21 November
2022 P&F Nominations
If you are interested in nominating to join the Parents & Friends Committee for 2022 please complete the following form. To learn more about the each of the P&F Positions view the AGM_Positions_Overview.
Parents & Friends Gallery