Take your Sunshine Coast athletics student to the next level with our high-performance coaches and our all-weather rubberized artificial running track and a wide range of fun and engaging athletics opportunities for Early Learners, Prep, Primary and Secondary students.
About our athletics program
At Suncoast students from all year-levels are provided opportunities to participate in both recreational and competitive athletics. Athletics begins with our Suncoast Little Learners and Prep students who enjoy cross-country, a sports fun-day and other physical education throughout their respective curriculum.
Primary and Secondary students also participate in our annual inter-house athletics carnivals and inter-house cross-cross country carnival and physical education.
Extending opportunities for high-performance athletes
The Suncoast Athletics Club provides training sessions that are designed to teach Sunshine Coast athletics students correct techniques and methods as well as developing the skills and strength they need to perform all events to the best of their ability. With regular training comes great results. It’s always fantastic to see athletes fulfilling their potential through hard work and commitment.
Suncoast Athletics Coach, Megan Bourke is a qualified Level III (ATFCA) (Athletics Australia) Coach. Training focuses on specific event training and core strength. Training is also based around the College sporting calendar, focusing on current events and carnivals coming up.
- Training is based around the school sporting calendar, focusing on upcoming events and carnivals.
- Training is held Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
- Year 3 to Year 12 Students: 3:15pm – 4:15pm
- The Suncoast Athletics Training program is an after-school extra-curricular activity.
- The cost is $50 per term for two sessions per week or $30 per term for one session per week.
What to Bring
- Cool, comfortable clothing – appropriate for stretching and movement.
- Proper running shoes, suitable for sporting activities.
- Flat canvas shoes are not to be worn.
Athletics Club benefits
- World class training facilities
- Dedicated, professional coaching
- Training at Suncoast Christian College
- After school program
- Excellent value
- Competitive opportunities
Book your Place
If you would like to book a place in the Athletics Training Program, simply contact the program leader, Megan Bourke on 5451 3600 or via email@example.com.