Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) at Suncoast Christian College provides students with great pathways into the workforce and further education.
Vocational Education and Training in Schools – otherwise known as VETiS—is learning that directly relates to getting a job. VETiS is a learning pathway available to young people in Senior Secondary. VETiS provides students with the opportunity to engage in education and training which may lead to employment and/or further study.
Successful completion of VETiS qualifications provides credit towards the Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE). These nationally recognised qualifications can also contribute to an ATAR.
Benefits of participating in VETiS include (but are not limited to):
• obtaining practical experience from work
• gaining familiarity on how workplaces operate
• developing employability skills
• developing and improving interpersonal skills
• allowing students to explore the potential career path they would like to pursue.
• can contribute to an ATAR
Students at Suncoast Christian College can access VETiS in a number of ways including:
- As part of their Senior school studies
- Certificate III in Music Industry is delivered by Suncoast Christian College as a Registered Training Organisation
- Certificate III in Christian Ministries and Theology is delivered by Suncoast Christian College in partnership with an External Registered Training Organisation.
- Enrol with an external Registered Training Organisation to complete a nationally recognised qualification.
- Through a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship
Vocational Education Coordinator
Suncoast Christian College
P: (07) 5451 3600