Suncoast Basketball provides opportunities for students to excel on campus from development levels through to club and representative levels within the Sunshine Coast and wider regions.
Tuesday and Thursday Afternoons 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Club level Competitions – Suncoast Spirit Basketball Club
Maroochydore Clippers Stadium Mondays and Wednesdays Representative Opportunities with South Qld Junior Basketball
Sunshine Coast Secondary Schools Basketball competition
Friday Nights (SCSSB)
Sunshine Coast Independent Schools Sports Assoc (SCISSA)
Yr 4-6 Competition
Champions Basketball School of Queensland Tournament (CBSQ)
Suncoast Basketball Academies
- Primary Academy (Yr 4-6) Tuesdays 1:30-3:00 pm
- Secondary Junior Academy (Yr 7-8) Fri 1:30 – 3:00 pm
- Secondary Intermediate Academy (Yr 9-10) Wednesdays 1:30-3:00 pm
- Senior Elite Academy Tues and Thurs 6:45–8:00 am
District – Regional – State – National representative opportunities
Holiday Clinics and Camps with experienced coaches.
Development through to Elite.
Suncoast Spirit club training allows students to be involved in school-based academies, club competitions, and representative-level competitions.
Representative-level basketball is SQJBC, (Southern Queensland Junior Basketball Competition).
Pathways from SQJBC start at ⇒ under 12s to under 21s or QSLY ⇒ Senior basketball QSL (Queensland state league) ⇒ NBL1 (National Basketball League / semi-professional) ⇒ NBL (National Basketball League / professional) ⇒ NBA (National Basketball Association / professional)
For more information
For more information about our Academies Program, Holiday Clinics or Representative Pathways, please email [email protected]
Junior Development Training:
Tuesdays 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Suncoast Taylor Centre
The Junior Development program is introducing basketball in an inclusive and fun environment for students to develop new and existing skills through game-based activities.
- Students in this program will develop a basic understanding of offensive & defensive fundamentals and proper shooting techniques, ball-handling skills, and passing. These are the fundamental basics needed to play at a confident level.
- The program will also introduce the proper rules of the game and decision-making drills.
- Students invited to participate in the SQJBC with Suncoast Spirit Basketball Club
Secondary Development Training:
Thursdays 3:00 pm -4:30 pm Suncoast Taylor Centre
The secondary development program provides training sessions that will teach a more advanced level of skills, including shooting technique, ball handling skill work, and game-like situations.
- Students in this program will be improving on existing or new skills at a more advanced level of training.
- Students attending this program will develop a greater understanding of court positioning and footwork techniques, read and react situations, decision-making shooting, situational plays and structured offences/defences.
Students invited to participate in SQJBC with Suncoast Spirit Basketball Club
Sessions will provide:
- Fun/skill-based activities
- Game-based situations
- Shooting form technique
- Ball handling
- Timed and officiated game